Add a pop of color to your appetizer spread with this gorgeous and delicious purple carrot hummus! This slightly sweet twist to classic hummus will make you never look back.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 3 purple carrots, steamed and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 zested and juiced lemons, about 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin or more, to taste
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Toppings: veggies, chickpeas, nuts, seeds, herbs, olive oil, spices (optional)
1. Combine the garbanzo beans, tahini, carrots, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, cumin, and salt in a blender or food processor.
2. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend until smooth.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, adding more olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, or salt if necessary.
4. Serve in a bowl with toppings (optional).
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?