> Apps, Dips, and Sauces
> Loaded Red Potato Casserole
This potato casserole has the same flavor of the potato skins you can order as a restaurant appetizer. It's an ideal dish for tailgating and potlucks. —Charlane Gathy, Lexington, Kentucky
- 16 small red potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- 2. Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, butter, pepper and salt. Spread into a greased 3-quart baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and bacon. Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
3/4 cup: 187 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?