This vibrant Roasted Beet Spread is a great way to add some color into your life! Served on top of some sourdough bread, with avocado, arugula, and heirloom cherry tomatoes, this spread can be the foundation for a filling, colorful lunch.
2 cups of roasted beets (2-3 small-medium beets)
8 cloves of roasted garlic
1/2 cup of fresh parsley
1/2 cup of fresh basil
1/2 cup of raw walnuts, whole or chopped
1/4 teaspoon of salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of honey, agave, or maple syrup
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of water
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel 2-3 beets with a vegetable peeler, being sure to cut off the root end and stem end, and chop into bite-sized pieces. Peel 8 medium cloves of garlic. Place the beets and garlic on a large piece of foil and wrap them to form a foil packet. Roast for 45 minutes until both the beets and garlic cloves are tender.
2. In a large food processor, add in the roasted beets, roasted garlic, fresh parsley, basil, walnuts, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and honey.
3. Turn on the food processor and stream in the oil and water, being sure to scrape down the sides when necessary. Blend until it reaches the texture that you prefer.
4. This spread can be served chilled or at room temperature with veggies, crackers, or on toast and sandwiches.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?