Roasted Vegetables with Hummus
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
With a beautiful mix of colors, flavors, and textures, these Roasted Vegetables with Hummus are a great way to start off a summer dinner. Flavored with a sweet and tangy sauce, the roasted vegetables are a perfect complement to the smooth and creamy hummus. A great appetizer, this recipe can also be doubled to serve as a main vegetarian dish.
3 parsnips, peeled and cut in half lengthways
3 carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthways
3 beets, peeled and halved
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
12 mushrooms, halved
12 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 cup of olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
10 ounces of your favorite hummus
Fresh thyme, to garnish
Paprika, to garnish
Pine nuts (optional, to garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F. Combine the vegetables, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to combine and coat all of the vegetables.
2. Put the vegetables in a large roasting pan, distributing them out evenly. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
3. Combine the red wine vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove the vegetables from the oven and pour the mixture over the the vegetables. Toss well to coat all of the vegetables with the mixture.
4. Return the vegetables to the oven and roast for a further 15 minutes or until tender.
5. To serve, put your preferred hummus in a bowl and place it in the center of a serving plate. Arrange the vegetables around the bowl and garnish the hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh thyme, paprika, and pine nuts, if using.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?