Spiced Golden Sugar Plum Jam
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Nothings beats some Spiced Golden Sugar Plum Jam on a piece of toast first thing in the morning! If you're looking for a sweet jam that stores well, look no further. This recipe does require the use of a canner, so keep that in mind as you gather your ingredients and prep your kitchen!
- 4 lbs Golden Sugar Plums
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 in slice fresh ginger
- 6 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
1. Prepare your canner, jars, and lids. Always refer to the instructions that came with your canner for specifics on how to use it.
2. Wash and chop up your plums, removing the pits. Place them in a large saucepan with the sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Drain off the juice by pouring your plum and sugar mixture through a colander that's been placed over a bowl. Pour the juice back into the pan and add in your ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon sticks.
4. Boil the syrup for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. It should start to thicken.
5. Return the plums back to the pan with your lime juice and simmer. Stir frequently for 15 minutes. If you want to test whether your jam is ready, take some of it out of the pan and place in the freezer for one minute. If the jam gets firm, it's ready.
6. Remove ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon. Then, spoon the jam into your hot jars, leaving space at the top. Wipe down the rims of the jars and remove any air bubbles. Put the center of the jar over the opening. Screw the band on tightly.
7. Put your jars in the canner so that they are completely covered with water. Cover the pot and boil for 10 minutes. Then, turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
8. Remove the jars from the canner and let them rest, undisturbed, for 24 hours. Your jam is now shelf-stable! If the lids don't pop on any of the jars, store them in the refrigerator and plan to eat those first.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?