Apple Pie Pancakes
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Bring your breakfast to the next level! These apple pie pancakes have apples and cinnamon goodness in every bite topped with a delicious apple syrup and crème fresh topping.
For the apples and sauce:
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 cup brown muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sharp-tasting apples, peeled, chopped into slices, and mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice (to prevent browning)
For the Pancakes:
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 sharp-tasting apple, grated/shredded (no need to remove skin)
- 3 tbsp brown muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk (half or full fat)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 heaped tbsp. crème fraiche
1. Start by making the apples and sauce. Place the water, golden syrup, brown sugar, butter, and sliced apple into a large saucepan. Heat, without stirring, on medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the liquid comes to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, then turn the heat off.
2. While the apples are cooking, place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, shredded apple, sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, and milk in a large bowl. Use a whisk to mix until combined. Don't over mix - a few lumps are fine.
3. Pour 1/4 tbsp oil in a large skillet, then wipe around with a kitchen towel to cover the pan. Heat the pan on medium heat until hot. Pour in enough mixture to make 3 pancakes (approx. 1/4 cup of mix per pancake). Cook for about 1-2 minutes until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and then burst, and the edges start to look firm. Cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, oiling the pan each time, until all pancakes are cooked. You can keep the pancakes warm in a very low oven while you make each batch.
4. Place 3 pancakes on each plate and top each stack with wedges of the cooked apple, the spoon on a heaped tbsp of crème fraiche. Pour over the apple syrup sauce before serving.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?