This super simple breakfast dish is ready to serve in just 30 minutes. Packed with veggies and three different cheeses, this dish is a great way to start the day.
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 pound of asparagus - ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
8 large eggs
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1/2 cup of green onions, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese. Whisk to combine. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Set this mixture aside.
2. Melt butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped asparagus and mushrooms, sprinkled with salt, and sauté until tender (about 5 minutes). Add in the tomatoes and sauté for another 2 minutes.
3. Stir the egg mixture and add it to the skillet, folding gently to combine with the veggies. Cook until almost set.
4. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top. Sprinkle the feta cheese and green onions on top.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the frittata is puffed and the cheese begins to turn lightly golden in color (about 10 minutes).
6. Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?