Blueberry Fennel Flatbread with Whipped Feta
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Here, blueberries & fennel make a wonderful unexpected pairing, and tangy whipped feta accents their sweet, fresh flavors. Perfect for a spring brunch!
- 2 naan flatbread (or 3 depending on the size)
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, reserve a few slices for garnish
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, optional
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- lemon wedges
- microgreens, optional
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ garlic clove
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the whipped feta: In a small food processor, blend the ricotta, feta, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic until smooth.
- Place the flatbread on the baking sheet and spread with a thin layer of the whipped feta. Top with the sliced fennel, blueberries, crumbled feta cheese, pine nuts, and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the naan is golden brown and the blueberries are soft.
- Place the sliced radishes and extra fennel slices in a small bowl with a few squeezes of lemon and toss. Set aside while the flatbread bakes.
- Top the baked flatbread with the remaining fennel, the radish slices, and microgreens, if using. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and a bit more olive oil, and slice into serving size portions.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?