The new avocado toast...
1 cup blanched hazelnuts
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
¼ cup freeze-dried blueberries
2 teaspoons mild red pepper flakes (such as Aleppo-style or Urfa pepper)
4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, sliced
Honey (for serving)
Flaky sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Toast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 20–25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toast pumpkin seeds on a separate baking sheet, tossing once, until just beginning to brown in a few spots and very fragrant, 14–16 minutes.
3. Let hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds cool. Purée in a food processor until a smooth paste forms (this will take several minutes and you will need to scrape down sides a few times). Taste and season hazelnut–pumpkin seed butter with kosher salt.
4. Finely grind blueberries, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of kosher salt in a spice mill or with mortar and pestle.
5. Drizzle toast with 2 Tbsp. oil and spread 2 Tbsp. hazelnut–pumpkin seed butter over each. Top with mango; drizzle with honey and oil. Sprinkle with blueberry–red pepper mixture and sea salt.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?