Mixed Berry Breakfast Pizza
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Mixed Berry Breakfast Pizza is impossible to resist with a toasted flatbread crust, rich orange mascarpone layer, and sweet berry topping. It’s easy to prepare the night before and serve the next morning, or any time of day! Sweet, creamy, juicy, and fruity from edge to edge, each bite is loaded with berries!
- 4 flatbread rounds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place flatbread rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- For berry topping, in a medium saucepan combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in the water. Stir in 3/4 cup of the berries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat. Add an additional 1 cup of berries and 1 teaspoon butter, stirring until butter is melted. Gently stir in orange peel.
- In a medium bowl combine mascarpone cheese, orange marmalade, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. In a small bowl stir together the 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Place baking sheet with flatbread rounds in the oven for about 5-7 minutes.
- While the flatbread is still warm, brush with the 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Spread mascarpone and marmalade mixture over flatbread rounds. Spread berry topping over mascarpone mixture. Top with the remaining berries. If desired, dust with powdered sugar.
Make the berry topping and cool completely. Cover and chill up to 24 hours before using.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?