This Oatmeal Dutch Baby Pancake is perfect for a quick and easy, healthy breakfast! It’s a simple, universal recipe that takes minutes to prepare and can be adapted in a number of different ways. It's super nutritious, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, high in protein and fiber, plus it’s incredibly easy to make and SO delicious!
4 tablespoons salted butter
4 large eggs
1 cup milk, any kind, including non-dairy
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, more or less to taste
1 cup oat flour
½ teaspoon Kosher salt (or ¼ teaspoon iodized table salt)
1. Place butter inside a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, casserole dish, or pie plate, then place it in the oven on the center rack and turn it on to 450 degrees F. If using vegan butter or non-stick spray, leave the skillet dry.
2. While the oven preheats, mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, oat flour, and salt. Make sure there are no lumps remaining.
3. When the oven is preheated, check to make sure the butter is melted. Let it go until it starts to brown and smell nutty. Remove the skillet from the oven, pour the batter inside, then place it right back in. If using vegan butter or cooking spray, add it to the pan before pouring in the batter.
4. Lower the oven temperature to 425 degrees, then bake for 15-20 minutes until it’s puffed up, no longer jiggly, and browned around the edges. Keep the oven closed the entire time it bakes!
5. Slice into wedges and serve immediately with more butter, maple syrup, and your choice of toppings. Reheat in a toaster oven or microwave.
Savory topping ideas: fried egg, avocado, shaved ham, smoked salmon, crispy bacon, crème fraîche, sauteed kale, cheddar, feta
Sweet topping ideas: Nutella, jams, peanut butter, berry compote, fresh fruits, butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, lemon curd
Add some cardamom, nutmeg, and cinnamon. It will come out tasting like french toast!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?