The healthiest and easiest way to turn a smoothie into a meal.
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (use strawberries/raspberries for a greener smoothie, darker berries for a purple smoothie)
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 small handful kale (large stems removed)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter (optional)
- Roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Hemp seeds
Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk (or water) to thin.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more ripe banana (or maple syrup) for added sweetness, more spinach for a bright green hue, or almond milk for creaminess.
For the green smoothie, I used strawberries, which let the green color come through more. For the purple bowl, I used darker berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries).
For more protein, add nut butter! This also offsets / enhances the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
Divide between 2 serving bowls (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and top with desired toppings!
Best when fresh, though leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
Nutrition (1 of 2 servings)
Serving: 1 bowls
Carbohydrates: 41.5 g
Protein: 7.9 g
Fat: 15.6 g
Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 171 mg
Fiber: 9.5 g
Sugar: 19 g
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?