Triple Berry French Toast
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Breakfast routine in need of a shake up? This triple berry french toast is just the thing you need! Warm slices of bread, creamy egg mixture, an overload of berries, and drizzled maple syrup on top.
1 French demi-baguette
2 large eggs
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter, unsalted, plus more for serving
2 cups mixed berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
Maple syrup, for serving
1. Slice baguette on the diagonal into slices that are about ½-inch thick.
2. In a small container or mixing bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.
3. Lay slices of baguette in egg mixture and let sit for 2-3 minutes to soak it up, then flip and let sit another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all bread is coated.
4. Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add sliced bread and let cook undisturbed for 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining bread.
5. Serve french toast topped with lots of fresh berries and a pat of butter. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.
You can substitute any type of bread, but the texture of a baguette is ideal for absorbing that delicious, creamy egg mixture. Unlike white bread or brioche, a baguette can hold up to the coating process.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?