Recipe Home > Desserts > Banana Bread Pudding
Banana Bread Pudding
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Crusty golden top, custard-like inside and smooth vanilla sauce. This pudding is a real homespun dessert!
- 4 cups cubed day-old French or sourdough bread (1-in. pieces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced firm bananas (1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 2-qt. casserole; pour butter over top and toss to coat. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in bananas.
- Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter. Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm sauce over warm pudding.
1 serving: 439 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?