Looking for another way to eat your grapefruits? This recipe is perfect for you! It features the perfect mixture of sweet and tart that some call dessert and others call breakfast!
- 2 red or pink grapefruit
- 8 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or cardamom
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Position oven rack about 3 inches from the heat source; preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut each grapefruit in half, then trim a thin slice off the bottom so it sits level. With a paring knife or grapefruit knife, cut around each segment; remove any seeds. Place the grapefruit halves on the prepared baking sheet. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush each grapefruit half with butter, then sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons of the sugar mixture.
3. Broil the grapefruit, watching carefully and rotating the pan front to back once halfway through until the tops are bubbling and golden brown, 7 to 12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, beat cream in a small bowl until stiff. BEat in yogurt, granulated sugar, and vanilla just until combines. Serve each grapefruit topped with a heaping tablespoon of the vanilla cream.
January 21, 2022
I made this with a regular orange & it was delicious!! I did not make the yogurt for the top. We had something like this at a Bed & Breakfast we stayed at this past fall & I wanted to recreate it. I defiantly would make this again!!