Cara Cara Orange Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing9
0 made it | 9 reviews | 0 photos
This delicate cake is bright, full of flavor, and perfect for any occasion!
For the Cake:
- 250 grams (about 2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice (from about 2 oranges)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (from about 1 orange)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
For the Icing:
- 8 oz (one package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter, room temperature)
- 250 grams (about 2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 F
Grease 2 cake pans (I used one 8-inch round cake pan and 1 horse shaped pan, but you can use 2 8-inch round cake pans)
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the milk, orange juice, orange zest, yogurt, vanilla, eggs and sugar. Sift in the dry mixture and whisk together just until combined.
Pour into pans and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
Let cool completely.
To make the frosting, whip up the cream cheese with the butter until light and airy.
Add powdered sugar, a pinch of salt, orange zest and juice and whip until smooth. Ice cooled cakes.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?