The smell of these decadent treats baking will have everyone out of bed in no time.
3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, divided, plus more for the bowl and baking dishes
1/2 c. warm whole milk (100 degrees F)
1/3 c. granulated sugar
2 (1/4-oz.) packages active dry yeast
4 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, divided, plus more for work surface
1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature
5 tbsp. cherry preserves
1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 c. fresh sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
1 (4-oz.) bar bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. Buttermilk
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Make the Cinnamon Rolls: Butter the inside of a bowl. Butter 2 (11-by-7-inch) baking dishes or a jelly roll pan.
- Stir together milk and granulated sugar in a bowl. Sprinkle yeast over milk mixture and let stand until foamy, 4 to 6 minutes (if the yeast does not foam, discard and start again).
- Gradually beat 1 cup flour into milk mixture, on low speed, with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in salt and 6 tablespoons butter until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Gradually beat in remaining 3 cups flour, until combined.
- Increase speed to medium, and beat until dough forms a ball and begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl, about 1 minute. Continue to beat until dough is smooth and elastic, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place dough in prepared bowl and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (80°F to 85°F) until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Meanwhile, stir together remaining 6 tablespoons butter and pre- serves in a bowl. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Punch down dough, turn out onto lightly floured surface, and roll into a 12-by- 16-inch rectangle. Spread butter mixture over dough leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, cherries, and chocolate, pressing lightly to help adhere. Roll up dough starting at one long side and cut into 12 slices with a serrated knife; arrange in prepared dishes. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (80°F to 85°F), until puffed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover dough. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make Buttermilk-Vanilla Glaze: Stir together powdered sugar, buttermilk, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. If glaze is not pourable, add up to 1 tablespoon additional buttermilk, one teaspoon at a time.
- After cinnamon rolls have cooled on a wire rack for 10 minutes, drizzle glaze over top. Serve warm.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?