Dark Chocolate Sweet Potato Chips
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Crispy baked sweet potato chips dusted in sea salt and dipped in creamy dark chocolate. A sophisticated vegan, gluten-free dessert that requires just 5 ingredients.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 scant tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped dairy-free dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (176 C).
Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes clean, removing any areas that are bruised. Thinly slice your sweet potatoes with a knife or mandolin. I don't own a mandolin, so I opted for a large knife. You don't necessarily want your chips paper thin, but rather closer to the width of a quarter or slightly more. If they're too thick they take longer to crisp up in the oven.
In a large bowl or on a slightly greased baking sheet, toss your sweet potatoes in oil and then add in sea salt and ground cinnamon. Toss to coat.
- Arrange your sweet potatoes in a single layer on multiple baking sheets and cook for 30-45 minutes, flipping once or twice to ensure even cooking. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chips and how evenly your oven cooks.
- Twenty five minutes into your cooking time, melt your chocolate over a double boiler or in 20-30 second increments in the microwave. Turn heat to low to keep warm until chips are ready, or re-microwave if it hardens.
- Once your chips are crisp, remove from oven and immediately dip into chocolate. Set on a parchment-lined surface or a cooled baking sheet to cool.
- These are best eaten fresh. To store, let cool completely and then place in a bag or container slightly sealed. Putting them in the fridge will cause them to get soggy.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?