Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
These amazing sweet potato brownies will wow everyone! Fudgy and chewy, they’re loaded with flavor…good stuff, too. Vegan, dairy-free, and plant-based with a gluten-free swap.
- 1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato (about 1 pound or 2 medium potatoes)
- ½ cup creamy almond butter (substitute cashew butter or sunflower butter for allergies)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar (granulated or coconut)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free/oat flour)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and slice them in half. Place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and rub them with olive oil, just enough to coat. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake until tender and lightly browned on the edges, about 30 to 35 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes (smaller potatoes may take 25 minutes; prick with a fork to assess doneness).
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper (allowing it to extend out the sides to lift it out later, or just a square if you plan to cut them in the pan). Then grease the entire pan and parchment paper.
- Pull the skin off of the sweet potatoes and mash them, measuring out 1 ½ cups. Add the almond butter, cocoa powder, sugar, flour, oil, baking powder, vanilla, and kosher salt until a thick dough forms. Fold in ¼ cup of the dark chocolate chips. Place the batter in the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 30 minutes, until set but soft in the center. Cool 1 hour. degrees Fahrenheit. Store at room temperature for 3 days, refrigerated for 1 week, or in the freezer for 3 months.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?