A healthy dessert recipe featuring our local, in-season PEACHES!
6 large peaches (or 7 small peaches), peeled and sliced
4 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked in 1 cup water
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ batch of this Easy, Gluten-Free Pie Crust recipe
4 small mason jars or ramekins
1 egg, beaten (used as an egg wash during the end of the baking process)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Follow these instructions to peel and slice your peaches.
- Blend soaked chia seeds, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice in a blender.
- In a large bowl, gently fold the blended chia seed mixture into the sliced peaches.
- Using the back of a spoon, smash about 1 ½ tablespoons of the pie crust into the bottom of each mason jar or ramekin.
- Divide the pie mixture evenly amongst the jars/ramekins.
- Divide the remaining pie crust into 4 equal balls, then roll each ball using a rolling pin or a large drinking glass with saran wrap or parchment paper in between.
- Gently place the dough over each jar, folding the excess under and smashing the edges with the back of a fork. Add a small sliver to the middle of the crust to allow for steam to escape.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet. NOTE: line the baking sheet with a piece of foil to catch the juices and avoid long hours of scrubbing later.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then brush the crust with the egg wash (1 beaten egg). NOTE: save the remaining egg for your breakfast!
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the pie filling bubbles and the crust is golden.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?