Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Get excited for Halloween with these Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies! With double the sweetness from chocolate chips AND dried cranberries, you won’t be able to get enough!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries. Fold together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined – do not overmix. The cookie dough will be very thick. Taste the dough and add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and slightly flatten to the shape you want your cookie. Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 3 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Cookies stay fresh at room temperature for 3 days in an airtight container.
- Gluten-Free: Use almond flour or oat flour instead of whole wheat or all-purpose flour.
- Sweetener: Try these with 1/2 cup of coconut sugar instead of the listed brown sugar and granulated sugar. They’re so tasty!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?