These plum muffins make for an excellent grab-and-go breakfast! Made with yogurt rather than butter, they are not only moist and fluffy but perfectly healthy!! Give them a try… you won’t regret it!
- 2 cups (275g) good quality flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) yogurt (if using Greek yogurt, add 1 tbsp milk or buttermilk)
- 8 small plums, or 6 medium plums (should weigh about 320g) (or blueberries, apples, etc.)
- Demerara or Swedish Pearl Sugar to top, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl or measuring jug, whisk together: eggs, olive oil, and yogurt, until smooth.
- Wash the plums and chop them into pieces.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Slowly stir the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients in the large bowl, until just combined. DO NOT OVER STIR, it will make the muffins too dense.
- Gently stir in the plums, with just a few turns, then fill the muffin cups. Sprinkle with a little raw sugar (demerara) if desired, for a crunchy top.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?