When you want a warm drink but hot chocolate is not doing the trick, this is the smoothie to make! We suggest you make it thick, pour it in a bowl, and top it with some granola and cacao nibs to have as your breakfast on those colder mornings! It makes for a balanced and healthy meal to start your day! And it feels like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 ounce cold water
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- In a small saucepan (or the microwave), heat almond milk to desired temperature. Set aside.
- Mix 2 ounces of the hot almond milk with the cold water and add to blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour hot milk over smoothie and stir with a spoon.
- Pour smoothie into a glass or bowl. Garnish with oats, cocoa powder, or other desired toppings.
You can also use coffee as your hot liquid or add a shot of espresso for a coffee smoothie that will give you a jolt of caffeine. Not a fan of protein powder? Try silken tofu for a rich, creamy texture. Swap out the oats for chia seeds, nuts, flaxseed, or hempseed for a twist. Adding puréed pumpkin or butternut squash is a smart and healthy way to thicken your smoothie.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?