> Drinks and Cocktails
> Fresh Plum Margarita
The perfect drink to sip on for a hot summer day!
- 2 red or black plums, pit removed and cut into 4-8 slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar*
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 oz orange juice (or orange liqueur)
- 6 oz tequila
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Salt for rimming glasses (optional)
- Place the plum slices (skin still on) in a small sauce pan with water and sugar, if using. (If using a sugar substitute, add at the end to taste).
- Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 5-7 minutes, until the fruit is very soft and the liquid has taken on the color from the plums.
- Let cool a few minutes and then transfer to a blender with the lime juice, orange juice/liqueur, and tequila.
- Blend for ~30 seconds, until completely smooth.
- Pour over ice into salt-rimmed glasses and serve with lime wedges.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?