Recipe Home > Drinks and Cocktails > Kentucky Lemonade
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice - (from approximately 6 lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2-2/3 cup Bourbon - (depending on your tastes)
- 6 cups ginger ale
- additional lemon slices - (for garnish)
In a small saucepan, combine granulated sugar and water and heat over MED heat. Heat until sugar dissolves into water and mixture is clear. Simmer 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
Add lemon juice, mint leaves, and Bourbon, then let mixture cool.
Pour mixture through a fine strainer into a large pitcher to remove solid particles and mint leaves. Add ginger ale and stir to combine. Add ice and lemon slices and serve cold
4. To serve as pictured: Add a bit of water, lemon juice or light corn syrup to a shallow plate. To another shallow plate, add coarse white sugar. Dip the open end of glasses onto the liquid plate, then onto the sugar plate to create the sugar rim. Serve drink over ice cubes, garnish with a lemon slice and sprig of mint.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?