Bootleg mix: (enough for 4 drinks)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 large lemons, juiced)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 1 large or 2 medium limes, juiced), or additional lemon juice
- 1/4 light agave nectar or cane sugar or honey
- 2 packed tablestpoons fresh mint leaves
Per drink (note: 2 ounces is 1/4 cup)
- 2 oz. bootleg mix (above)
- 2 oz. gin, vodka, or bourbon
- - 2 oz. club soda
1. To make the bootleg mix: juice lemon and limes into a liquid measuring cup. Add sweetener. Pour into blender. Add 2 firmly packed tablespoons of fresh mint leaves. Blend until mint is broken into teeny bits.
2. To make drinks: pour over ice, pour drink ingredients in.