This Baked Feta Pasta recipe has recently gained popularity, and for good reason too! It features the creaminess of feta cheese combined with fresh tomatoes and herbs in a dish everyone can enjoy--pasta!
- 2 pt. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 8 ounce block of feta
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 10 oz. pasta
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large ovenproof skillet or medium baking dish, combine tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and most of the olive oil. Season with salt and red pepper flaked and toss to combine.
2. Place feta into the center of the tomato mixture and drizzle the top with the remaining olive oil. Scatter thyme over tomatoes. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
4. To skillet with tomatoes and feta, add cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, and optionally lemon zest to skillet and stir until completely combined. Garnish with basil before serving.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?