Chili-Lime Salmon Tacos
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
If you're looking to spice up Taco Tuesday, these Chile-Lime Salmon Tacos certainly pack a punch. Flavored with chili powder, cumin, and lime, these tacos are fresh and flavorful. Make this dish your own by switching up the toppings: add a dollop of plain yogurt as a creamy condiment, or an additional squeeze of lime for an added boost of citrus flavor.
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1 1-pound salmon fillet, pin bones removed
1 ripe avocado
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
8 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
2 ounces of shredded red cabbage
1. Arrange an oven rack about 6 inches below the broiler, then set the oven to broil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Stir the chili powder, ground cumin, kosher salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
3. Place the salmon skin-side down on the baking sheet. Squeeze the juice from the lime and brush the salmon with 1 tablespoon of the juice. Evenly sprinkle the salmon with the spice mix. Broil until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily, about 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Peel, pit, and mash the flesh from the avocado in a medium bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice and stir into the avocado. Coarsely chop the cilantro. Stack your tortillas and wrap them in a damp paper towel. Microwave them for 1 minute to warm them up. Keep them wrapped in the paper towel and set aside.
5. When the salmon is ready, peel the skin away and discard. Use a fork to break apart the fish in rough 2-inch pieces. To assemble the tacos, evenly spread the mashed avocado over the warmed tortillas. Top the 1/2 cup of shredded red cabbage. Top with the salmon and garnish with the cilantro.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?