This classic no-cook gazpacho is a mix of fresh vegetables and store-bought tomato based vegetable juice for a perfect blend of smooth and chunky vegetable flavors.
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 seedless hot-house cucumber with skin ondiced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 3/4 whole medium red onion diced
- 4 cups tomato juice such as V-8
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chohula hot sauce or other hot sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 6 cocktail or campari tomatoes diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Fresh chives for garnish
In the bowl of a food processor or in a blender, combinehalf of the celery, cucumber, zucchini, red onion, 2 cups of the tomato juice with the pressed or minced garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, celery salt and garlic salt.
Pulse all of ingredients until well blended. Add the rest of the tomato juice and pulse to mix. Add the celery, cucumber, zucchini and the diced tomatoes and pulse once or twice. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and adjust the hot sauce to taste.
Chill the soup for at least 1 hour before serving.
Serve the soup with a drizzle of the sour cream that has been thinned with water. Top with fresh chopped chives.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?