Creamy Linguine with Brussels Sprouts
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Need to add more greens to your diet? Try this creamy linguine with brussels sprouts recipe, it's a mouthwatering vegetarian version of carbonara!
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. linguine
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 egg yolks
1. Bring a 1-quart stockpot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
2. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Place half of the Brussels sprouts cut side down and cook until dark golden brown, about 3 minutes. Toss and cook for 1 minute more, then season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate and repeat the process for remaining Brussels sprouts. Set aside.
3. Heat saute pan over medium-low heat with a drizzle of olive oil; saute garlic for 2 minutes. Add white wine, red pepper flakes, Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper. Transfer pasta to pan and toss together until well coated. Turn off heat and mix in cheese, parsley, and egg yolks, mixing quickly using tongs. If you want a thinner sauce, add reserved pasta water slowly until desired consistency.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with more parsley and cheese. Serve immediately.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?