Creamy Mushroom Chicken
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This recipe is a certified crowd pleaser! It features deliciously tender chicken smothered in a creamy and garlic-y mushroom sauce, and it can be on your table in 30 minutes!
- 4 chicken breasts, halved into two thin cutlets each
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (any kind will work)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Juice of 1/2-1 lemon to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
2. Season chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt and pepper, then place in the frying pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in the pan then add the mushrooms. Cook until golden brown all over.
4. Add the garlic and herbs and allow to cook for 30 seconds before adding the cream.
5. Add lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste and allow to come to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the chicken breasts back to the sauce. Simmer for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and can coat the back of a spoon.
6. Sprinkle over chopped parsley and serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?