Crispy Haddock Fish Tacos
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
These fish tacos are crispy, crunchy, and light! Ready to serve in just 30 minutes, these tacos combine crispy fish and a crunchy, fresh slaw. Flavored with an appetizing spice blend, pickled jalapeños, and lime juice, the flavor profile is savory, spicy, and bright.
8 thin corn tortillas
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
For the Slaw:
2 cups of red cabbage, thinly sliced
2 cups of shredded carrots
1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup of pickled jalapeños
2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
2 teaspoons of pickled jalapeño juice
Juice from one lime
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Add sliced cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped pickled jalapeños, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onions to a medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl, add yogurt, pickled jalapeño juice, and the juice of one lime. Whisk together thoroughly with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the yogurt mix in with the vegetables and stir together to coat everything. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir together to combine.
5. Spray a sheet pan lightly with cooking spray. Place 16 fish sticks onto the sheet, sprinkle with the seasoning mix, spray tops with a little cooking spray, flip, and repeat. Place in the oven for 18 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. While the fish sticks are baking, heat up 8 corn tortillas with your preferred method. When the fish sticks are done baking, build each taco by placing two chopped up fish sticks on top of each tortilla. Pile the slaw on top, and serve the remaining slaw on the side.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?