Grilling season is upon us, which means it's time to brush up on your barbecue skills with this delicious Delmonico steak and Herb Butter recipe!
- Delmonico Steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- compound butter (recipe included)
For Compound Butter:
- wax paper
- 1/4 cup organic, unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Compound butter preparation:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
2. Put the butter mixture on a piece of wax paper and form it into a log shape.
3. Chill the butter log for at least one-half hour to allow the flavors to combine.
You can keep this butter chilled and just slice off pieces as needed.
1. Sprinkle your grass-fed steaks with pepper and salt; then rub each steak with a small amount of olive oil.
2. Pre-heat a cast-iron skillet or grill pan over medium heat; once it is preheated, turn the temperature down to low.
3. Sear the steak on both sides (3 - 5 minutes per side)
4. Reduce the heat to as low as it will go and slowly cook until it reaches your desired internal temperature (lower for medium-rare (about 145) and higher (about 160) for well done.)
5. Pull the steak off the skillet and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. While it is resting, slice off a piece of the compound butter and let it melt on top of the steak.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?