Easy Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Stuffed bell peppers are the perfect veggie-focused dinner in our opinion. You can customize them to include your favorite ingredients, the options for toppings are just about endless, plus they're so darn cute!
- 4 large bell peppers, halved stem to base with the seeds removed
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Ideas for garnishes: guacamole, sour cream, salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Put your peppers face up in a 9x13 in. baking dish and drizzle olive oil over the top of them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 min, then set aside.
2. Cook your rice using the instructions on the package.
3. In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil followed by the onions. Season with salt and cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes). Throw in the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Put in your cilantro, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and stir. Then, remove from the heat and add your rice and lime juice. Stir everything until combined and top with a little fresh pepper.
5. Stuff each pepper with your veggie and rice mixture and top with cheese. Then, bake at 425 F for 12 to 13 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?