Engagement Roast Chicken
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
1 hour 35 minutes
This impressive main dish is as delicious as it is simple to prepare! Served with a warm pan sauce, the flavors of lemon and garlic are the perfect complement to this juicy chicken.
1 4-5 pound chicken
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 whole head of garlic, cut in 1/2 crosswise
2 Spanish onions, peeled and thickly sliced
1/2 cup of dry white wine
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Pat the outside of the chicken dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
3. Place the chicken in a small 11 by 14-inch roasting pan. Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
4. Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken and set it on a platter; cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
5. Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden stone to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?