Garden Vegetable Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This colorful pasta dish is packed with veggies and ready to serve in just 35 minutes. The perfect dish to highlight fresh, spring vegetables, all of the ingredients are coated in a delicious lemon cream sauce. Light, fresh, and fantastic for a weeknight dinner, this dish is a perfect way to boost your veggie intake (without skimping on flavor!).
16 ounces of your preferred pasta
1 tablespoon of olive oil
8 ounces of asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups of broccoli florets
1 small zucchini, chopped
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 shallot, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
Zest of 1 lemon
Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup of vegetable broth
1/2 cup of heavy cream
3 tablespoons of lemon juice, divided
1 cup of peas
1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup of chopped basil
2 tablespoons of chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta to boiling water. Cook for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Pour the pasta back into the pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the asparagus, peppers, and broccoli. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the zucchini and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, but still crisp. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the vegetables to a large plate or bowl.
3. Place the skillet back on the stove. Melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the minced shallot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and vegetables broth. Simmer until the broth reduces by half, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
4. Stir the peas into the pot with the pasta. Stir in the cooked vegetables. Pour the lemon cream sauce over the pasta and vegetables and stir until well combined. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and remaining tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Gently stir in the tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
5. Pour the pasta into a large serving bowl or dish. Garnish with parsley, extra Parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper flakes.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?