This tasty and wholesome sandwich is a nice twist on a simple grilled cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 4 slices rye bread with caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and peppers until tender. Divide between 2 bread slices. Top with cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?