This Grilled Chicken Shawarma is bursting with flavor! Serve it up with Israeli Salad, Basmati Rice, or some Naan Bread) and a side of Tzatziki or Baba Ganoush! The perfect combination of flavors.
- 2 lbs to 2 ¼ lb chicken thighs (boneless and skinless, or skin on- see notes)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon allspice
1. Place all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix, or pulse in a food processor to make a paste.
2. Rub chicken on all sides with the marinade and let sit 20 minutes (or up to 24-48 hours refrigerated). You can also cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and make skewers.
3. Grill chicken on a pre-heated Grill, on medium-high heat, closing the lid to the BBQ, until all sides have nice grill marks, about 8 minutes each side. Move to a cooler part of the grill or finish cooking chicken in a 350 F oven until cooked all the way through, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, you can bake the chicken thighs in a 375 F oven for 30-40 minutes)
4. Enjoy the chicken shawarma over Israeli salad, or with rice and veggies, or with pita bread and tzatziki
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?