Grilled Chipotle Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Grilled Chipotle Fish Tacos with a refreshing Peach Salsa. Summery and light with a little bit of heat.
- 1 pound grill-able white fish – Mahi Mahi, Tilapia, halibut, Black cod, Snapper- Or substitute Portobello Mushrooms or Extra Firm Tofu.
- 8 six inch tortillas ( corn-flour mix) Grilled
- lime for garnish
Chipotle Marinade Ingredients:
- 2–3 large garlic cloves
- 2 –3 whole chipotles
- 1 T adobo sauce ( from the can of chipotles)
- 4 T olive oil
- zest from one lime
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 T ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt ( more to taste)
- cracked black pepper
Peach Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 C diced -just ripe peaches ( about 3–4 peaches)
- 1/4 C finely diced red onion
- 1– 2 tsp minced habanero ( or use jalapeño for less spicy)
- 1/2 C chopped cilantro ( tender stems ok)
- 1/8 C fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a food processor, blend all the marinade ingredients into a fine paste. Rub fish (or porto’s or tofu) generously with marinade and let marinate at least 20 minutes, or overnight in the fridge. ( You could also freeze fish in the marinade in a ziplock bag and save for later or take it camping with you).
- While fish is marinating make the Peach Salsa. Very gently, rub the peaches with a towel to remove fuzz, keeping the skin intact. Dice and place in medium bowl. Half and seed the habanero, and mince as small as possible. Sprinkle only 1 teaspoon of habanero, over the peaches ( about 1/3 of the habanero). You can always add more, so start conservatively. Add the rest of the ingredients, and gently fold them together. Obviously you want to spread the habanero evenly through the salsa, but at the same time, try not to over mix.
- Grill the fish ( or portos or tofu) over high heat to get a nice sear on both sides. Make sure grate is clean and oiled and use a metal spatula. After a few minute on each side, move to a cooler spot, or turn heat down to medium, cover grilland finish cooking until its cooked to your desired done-ness. You could also finish in the oven. Give a good squeeze of lime, and taste for salt, adding if necessary.
- Give the tortillas a quick sear on the grill.
- Either assemble the tacos by placing the fish in the tortillas and topping with peach salsa. Skewer to keep closed. Or serve family style on a platter with stacked tortillas wrapped up in a towel, extra lime and cilantro.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?