Grilled Goat Cheese and Tomato Summer Sandwich
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Packed with delicious and fresh ingredients (all available through Off The Muck!) this sandwich is sure to fill you up and become a staple meal.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced thick
- 2/3 cup oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup soft fresh goat cheese (we recommend Jones Family Farm goat Cheese)
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, combine oil and garlic. Brush all cut sides of the slices of bread with half of this oil mixture.
2. On a very hot griddle,grill the bread on both sides until visibly toasted.
3. Spread all of the slices of hot bread with goat cheese on one side. Sprinkle with the chopped basil and rosemary, and top with tomato slices. Do this with half of all of the slices, and turn them together to make thick sandwiches, or cover all of the slices with herbs and tomatoes to make open-faced sandwiches.
4. Return the sandwiches to the grill, just long enough to melt the cheese and warm the tomatoes.
5. Turn them out onto a serving platter, drizzle with the remaining oil and garlic, cut them smaller if desired, and serve warm.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?