Grilled Summer Squash Kebabs
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
These delicious veggie kebabs are super flavorful and fresh! The perfect dish to serve as the weather warms up, these kebabs are flavored with lemon, garlic, and herbs. This dish is vegetarian, but you could definitely add in some chunks of steak or chicken.
1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch thick half-moons
1 large yellow squash, cut into 1-inch thick half-moons
8 to 10 ounces of mushrooms, cut in half
1 red onion, cut into wedges, and each wedge cut in half crosswise
2 lemons, cut into wedges, and each wedge cut in half crosswise
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Soak the wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high. Brush grill grates with oil.
3. Thread the skewers with pieces of zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onion, and lemons. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, and oregano; whisk until completely incorporated. Brush the skewered veggies with the oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer to the preheated grill; grill for 12 to 15 minutes, or until veggies are tender, turning the skewers occasionally.
6. Remove from the grill and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with parsley, squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the kebabs, and serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?