Hawaiian Chicken with Coconut Rice
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This Hawaiian chicken and coconut rice recipe is packed with sweet, salty, and tangy flavors that marry perfectly to create a tropical dinner-time vacation!
For the Hawaiian Chicken:
- About 1 and 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (7-8 pieces)
- 1/2 fresh ripe pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
For the Coconut Rice:
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, fresh garlic, and canola oil to create the marinade for the chicken.
2. Add chicken and marinade into a zip lock bag, mix well to ensure all chicken tenderloins are covered. Marinate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours (the longer the better)
3. Grease a grill pan, cast iron grill, charcoal grill, electric grill, or non-stick skillet. Cook the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees. Flip halfway through. Once the chicken is done, brush honey on both sides of the tenderloins and remove.
4. Slice pineapple into 1/2 - 1 inch thick slices and grill on both sides.
1. On the stovetop, in a pot, bring to boil rice, water, and coconut milk. Once boiled, bring to medium-low heat and cook covered (cover with a tight lid and do not open) for about 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instructions and use 1:1 ratio of coconut milk to water to substitute for the amount of water needed to cook the rice.
2. Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice, sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?