Honey Glazed Apple & Sweet Potato Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Honey-Glazed Apple & Sweet Potato Casserole is the best way to feast on sweet potatoes!! This recipe includes no refined sugar and instead uses apples and honey to achieve the perfect sweetness! It’s the perfect, easy dish for your busy holiday mornings!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 apples
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- garnish chopped toasted pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place un-pierced potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes (depending on size). As soon as potatoes are soft with a light squeeze they are ready. Let cool.
- Peel, slice & core your apples.
- Set apples aside. Depending on how long the rest of the process will take you, I recommend drizzling with a little bit of lemon juice to keep them from going brown.
- Remove the peel from the sweet potatoes and cut crosswise into 1/2-in-thick slices. Alternating with the apple slices and sweet potato slices, arrange in an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan melt together honey, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Remove from heat.
- Chop pecans roughly & place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast on broil until fragrant, approx. 5 minutes.
- Pour honey mixture over top. Sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired. Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until heated throughout.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?