> Main Dishes
> Kohlrabi Stir Fry
This kohlrabi stir fry is fresh, crunchy, easy to prepare and so delicious! It includes lots of veggies, like kohlrabi and carrots, in a simple stir fry sauce.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots , peeled and sliced, about 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic , sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger , minced
- 1 small bell pepper , cut into strips
- 1.5 pounds kohlrabi (Remove stems/leaves. Peel kohlrabi, cut into chunks and remove core, if necessary. Then, cut into thin strips. You'll want about 3 small kohlrabi (and reserve about 3 cups of leaves)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (use a vegetarian fish sauce if you want to keep things vegetarian)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pencil chili, thinly sliced (or your favorite chili or use chili flakes, to taste)
- peanuts or cashews
- thinly sliced green onion
- sesame seeds
- sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
Add oil to a wok on medium high heat.
Note: I like to regular stir once the ingredients are added so nothing burns or sticks.
Once hot, add onion, carrot, garlic and ginger. Stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Add bell pepper and cook 2 minutes.
Add kohlrabi and cook 3 minutes.
Note: If you like your veggies more tender, you can cook a little longer.
Add kohlrabi leaves and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Combine cornstarch with water and mix. Whisk into broth and add soy sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Whisk to incorporate everything.
Pour sauce into wok and bring to simmer for 2 minutes or so.
Stir in sliced chili. Garnish, if desired.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?