> Main Dishes
> Pasta with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 10 ounces short pasta noodles, such as cavatelli, penne or rigatoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, toss tomatoes, olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, and salt. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes or as package label directs. Drain pasta and toss in bowl with tomatoes. Add Parmesan, if desired, and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?