Roasted Garlic Pizza with Arugula Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This Roasted Garlic Pizza is a great way to branch out from your classic cheese and pepperoni pie! While the homemade dough is a labor of love, it would be a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen. Using a hint of cayenne in the sauce adds a subtly spicy note to the dish. Topped off with an arugula salad, we suggest using the Spicy Crunch Blend, featuring a blend of arugula and radishes, for an extra boost of texture!
For the Dough:
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of warm water
1 package of active dry yeast
1/2 tablespoon of honey
1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the Roasted Garlic Sauce:
1 cup of whole milk
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
10 cloves of roasted garlic
4 ounces of fresh mozzarella, sliced
3-4 ounces of grated fontina or provolone
For the Arugula Salad:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2-4 ounces of arugula
Cherry tomatoes, halved
To Roast the Garlic:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put 10 peeled, whole garlic cloves into an oven safe bowl. Cover with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
To Prepare the Dough:
1. Combine the warm water, dry yeast, honey, and olive oil together in a bowl. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes (after the 10 minutes, the mixture should be foamy).
2. Place this mixture into the bowl of your stand mixer and add in 1 cup of all-purpose flour. Mix with the dough hook on low while slowly adding in the remaining flour and salt. Mix for 10 minutes (the dough will be smooth and should not be sticking to the sides of the bowl).
3. Roll the dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead a handful of times using your hands (about 12 times). Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and turn to coat the dough in the oil. Cover with a dish towel and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
To Prepare the Roasted Garlic Sauce:
1. Warm the whole milk in a sauce pan over medium-low heat.
2. In a separate sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat, and then add in equal parts flour. Whisk until smooth and then whisk constantly while it cooks for about 90 seconds. While whisking constantly, slowly add in the warm milk.
3. Add in the salt and cayenne pepper and bring the mixture to a boil. The sauce should be nice and thick now.
4. Add in the roasted garlic and then transfer the mixture into a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth; taste and re-season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Back to the Dough:
1. Roll out your dough onto a lightly-floured surface and punch it down. Let it rest again for 10 minutes. Next, roll the dough out using a rolling pin (the dough should be about 1/4 inch thick).
Assembling the Pizza:
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and link a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
2. Top the dough with the roasted garlic sauce. Male sure to leave 3/4 inch border for the crust.
3. Top the sauce with the thinly sliced mozzarella and freshly grated fontina/provolone.
4. Bake for 6-10 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the crust is a golden brown.
For the Arugula Salad:
1. While you let the pizza cool, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine and pour over the arugula. Toss to combine.
2. Cut the pizza into equal pieces and top with the arugula salad and halved cherry tomatoes!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?