Seitan "Steak" Sandwich
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This meatless version of a classic sandwich is the perfect way to introduce seitan to your family! Topped with sautéed onions, peppers, mushrooms, and melty cheese, this dish would be perfect for a Meatless Monday lunch.
2 pounds of sliced seitan
2 medium onions, sliced thinly
2 green bell peppers, sliced thinly
1/4 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
16 ounces of white button mushrooms
1. Start sautéing the onions in a pan over medium-high heat. Add in a splash of water if they begin to stick, just to deglaze the pan.
2. After the onions have become fairly translucent, add in the peppers and mushrooms. Let those cook down for about 10 minutes and reduce the heat to medium. Add in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce during the cooking process.
3. Toast the rolls, if desired.
4. Cut the slices of seitan into quarters lengthwise and add them into the pan with the veggies over medium heat. Add in another 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
5. Time to assemble the sandwiches! Add some of the seitan-veggie mixture into your roll and top it with slices of cheese.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?