Shepherd's Pie Twice-Baked Potato1
0 made it | 1 review | 0 photos
Shepherd's Pie Baked Potatoes are everything you love about the classic shepherd's pie but served over a warm baked potato.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub with oil. Bake at 375° until tender, about 1 hour.
In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add the mixed vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, steak seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne and 1 teaspoon paprika. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Add the whipping cream, sour cream, cheeses and chives. Mash potatoes until combined. Spoon 1 cup meat mixture into each potato shell; top with 1/2 cup potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining paprika.
Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until melted, about 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with chives and paprika.
Freeze option: Wrap unbaked stuffed potatoes and freeze in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed, adding additional time until heated through.
1 stuffed potato: 986 calories, 56g fat (32g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 1066mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 11g fiber), 37g protein.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?