Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Sweet, tangy, smoky with a little spice- a delicious combination of flavors!
- 1 pound large raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp ( 21–15 or 16–20 size)
- 1 pound pineapple chunks- cut to the same thickness as shrimp ( about ¾ inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime – ⅛ cup lime juice and it’s zest
- 1 orange- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple
- 3 cloves roughly chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder, more for spicy ( or ½ of a canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce)
Garnish: limes, cilantro, Jicama Mango Slaw
- Soak skewers if using wood.
- Place shrimp in a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Blend marinade ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and marinate 30 minutes or overnight. Prep pineapple.
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Drain the marinade from the bag or bowl into a small saucepan.
- Skewer shrimp and pineapple, alternating on skewers ( Skewer pineapple the flat way so shrimp and pineapple are about the same wide, and both lay flat on the grill. That way you will have good grill marks on both. This should make 10-12 x 10 inch skewers.
- Give the marinade a quick simmer, until it thickens and darkens a bit. Turn heat off
- Grease the grill well.
- Lay the skewers down, grilling each side about 3 minutes, or until good grill marks develop, and shrimp is cooked, but not overcooked.
- Place on a serving platter. Drizzle with reduced marinade or lime.
- Serve immediately.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?