Smoked Sausage and Peppers Skillet
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This delicious skillet meal couldn't be easier! The andouille sausage is truly the star here, but feel free to mix it up and add in your favorite veggies to make this dish your own. If you're looking for a hit of heat, this recipe is for you.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 to 14 ounces andouille sausage, cut into thin rounds, between ⅛-inch and ¼-inch thickness
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 green onion, sliced, for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil, for garnish
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat.
Add sliced sausages to the heated oil and cook until browned on all sides; about 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove sausages from skillet and set them aside.
Increase heat to medium-high; return skillet to the heat and add remaining olive oil.
To the skillet add the peppers and onions; season with Italian seasoning and continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
Stir in garlic, and season with salt and pepper; continue to cook for 1 more minute.
Add sausages back to the skillet; cook for 1 minute, or just until heated through.
Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
Garnish with pepper flakes, green onions, and parsley or basil.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?